NA-YGN member April Schilpp alerted me to a “Clinic Symposium on Campaign to Close Oyster Creek Nuclear Power Plant” at Rutgers University next Friday, December 8. And it will be hosted by actor Alec Baldwin—maybe he came back after discovering that nearly 80% of France’s electricity is generated by nuclear power plants?
Anyway, the agenda is:
Local NA-YGN members are planning to attend and give out material telling the other side of the story. If you want to support the effort, send an email to supportOysterCreek-at-hotmail.com.
1)Richard Webster, Attorney, Rutgers Environmental Law Clinic and Eastern Environmental Law Center: Safety issues
2) Bob Alvarez, Senior Policy Advisor to the U.S. Secretary of Energy 1993-1999: Spent fuel dangers and general vulnerability
3) Julia Huff: Attorney, Rutgers Environmental Law Clinic and Executive Director, Eastern Environmental Law Center: Environmental issues associated with Oyster Creek operations: marine impacts
4) Joe Mangano, Executive Director, Radiation and Public Health Project: Health issues
5) Paul Gunter, Nuclear Information and Resource Service (NIRS) – Exelon’s pattern of deception and incompetence
6) Questions – timing variable
7) Alec Baldwin, What You Can Do
I’ll post more information as I receive it!