Not too long ago, we reviewed a report that looked at nuclear energy (and other energy sources) as biodiversity agents. This had to do, in part, with the amount of land a facility needs to function. Nuclear energy and fossil fuel plants use relatively little, wind farms and solar arrays quite a lot of land . Based on an objective and transparent analysis of our sustainable energy choices, we have come to the evidence-based conclusion that nuclear energy is a good option for biodiversity conservation (and society in general) and that other alternatives to fossil fuels should be subjected to the same cost–benefit analyses (in terms of biodiversity and climate outcomes, as well as sociopolitical imperatives) before accepting or dismissing them. Writer Barry Brook, who collected 75 scientists to endorse his paper, is interested in land use as it impacts flora and fauna. Biodiversity concerns do not get as much play as they might – and, when they do, it annoys many when land is withdraw...
Comments
Is there anyway I can see it form Paris ?
Thanks for your help, and congrats for this work.
Thanks for posting this - I just kind of stumbled upon this blog in a google search.
Julien- Right now the film is being entered into several film festivals and in the next year you'll hopefully be able to get a copy from Amazon.com or whereever.
Carl-My film does look at reprocessing/recycling and Fast Reactors. I interview Phillip Finck who works at Idaho National Labs - the leading facility in our country that is just now restarting the efforts to develop a Full Nuclear Fuel Cycle. (This has been shut down since the Three Mile Island Accident)
With regards to the "Indie-Filmmaker Answers Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth" title of this blog - I actually sent a copy of the movie to Mr. Gore two days ago and I'm really interested in his reaction. I do think Al Gore is doing important work in talking about efficiency and conservation, but think that you have to address the energy production side of the problem too.
Well, I guess I've said enough. Thanks for your interest.
-Robby
I think nuclear power will help to solve some problems in the future.
Thanks
Im really looking forward watching the movie, but i dont know how? where can i get it?? Ive already looked for it in amazon and im not able to find it! helppp!!
I dont think id find it in any store in my country (Spain)
thanks you very much
crispi