In anticipation of the separation of its gas and electric operations into two stand-alone companies, Duke Energy also announced the future executive leadership team for its electric business. Effective Jan. 1, 2007, Rogers is expected to become chairman of the board as well. As previously announced, David Hauser will continue in his role as group executive and chief financial officer. In addition:
- Henry “Brew” Barron Jr., currently group vice president of nuclear generation and chief nuclear officer, will become group executive and chief nuclear officer.
- Bryan Dolan will be managing director of nuclear projects.
- Dhiaa Jamil will be group vice president of nuclear support.
- Ronald Jones will be group vice president of nuclear operations.
- Anthony Alexander, president and CEO, FirstEnergy Corp.
- Alan Fohrer, CEO, Southern California Edison Co.
- John Skolds, president, Exelon Energy Delivery and Exelon Generation.
The Tennessee Valley Authority has appointed William “Skip” Orser interim chief operating officer as part of organizational changes. Orser retired in 2005 as group president of energy supply for Progress Energy.
PPL Corp. has elected James Miller chairman and CEO, effective Oct. 1. He will replace William Hecht, who is retiring. Miller has been PPL’s president since August 2005 and will continue in that role.
Constellation NewEnergy has named W. Scott Miller III vice president for government and regulatory affairs for its mid-Atlantic region. Miller joins the company from PJM Interconnection, a regional transmission organization where he served as executive director of state relations.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has appointed Said Abdel-Khalik and Michael Corradini to its Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards. Abdel-Khalik is a Georgia Power Distinguished Professor at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Corradini is professor and chair of the nuclear engineering and engineering physics program at the University of Wisconsin. He also is director of the Wisconsin Institute of Nuclear Systems.
The NRC also has appointed Lawrence Kokajko as director of the Division of High-Level Waste Repository Safety. He will succeed William Reamer, who will retire Oct. 1 after eight years of NRC work related to Yucca Mountain. Kokajko currently is the division’s deputy director.
Technorati tags: Nuclear Energy, Nuclear Power, Environment, Energy, Politics, Technology, Economics